Mould Treatment

Mould loves moisture, humidity and damp environments. It thrives from it. And Australia experiences vast, changeable weather conditions throughout all seasons. From mild winters, humid summers to a combination of weather fluctuations throughout the day, Australia’s conditions provide the perfect environment for mould growth. When we experience humid temperatures or extensive periods of rainfall, it results in excess moisture in the air. When you pair these conditions with lack of regular airflow throughout the home, little to no sunlight and condensation build-up, mould will grow and spread. Other causes may also include flooding, water damage or unresolved and ongoing leaks. 
Mould is a fungus and has thousands of strains in Australia that can be found growing almost anywhere in the home. They can appear as different textures, colours and even smell profiles depending on the type and maturity stage of the mould. The most well-known mould type is Stachybotrys Chartarum or toxic black mould.  Mould can be tricky to identify and often requires professional analysis to determine the type/s of mould present in the home. Some strains of mould are more dangerous than others and can be harmful to elderly family members, children, pregnant women and those with a compromised immune system. 
Mould eats its way through materials by decomposing matter. In instances where mould is present on a painted surface for a period of time, it can result in underlying damage to the quality of paint. This usually isn’t noticeable until the mould removal treatment has disrupted the surface. These instances are quite rare because mould remediation is usually completed early enough to prevent damage to the paint.
Small spots of mould that you see in-between tile grout is not considered harmful, however, when left untreated mould will spread and can be dangerous. It is known to lead to respiratory health issues, disrupting air quality and risk the health and wellbeing of you and your family.  Especially those with existing allergies, compromised immune systems, elderly family members and children. 
If a tenant fails to take precautions or preventative measures to inhibit mould growth in a rental property, then they will likely responsible for remediating mould damage. This may include not allowing natural light or airflow throughout the property or failure to inform the landlord of water damage or ongoing leaks. On the other hand, if the landlord has not fulfilled their landlord obligations that has led to an inhabitable premises, then they are responsible. This may include failing to repair leaks or water damage, failure to clean the premises before a tenant moves in or a failure to repair rising damp. Responsibility of mould removal is always assessed on a case-by-case basis and should be discussed with your real estate agent.
Understandably, there is no set price for mould removal. Every property is different when it comes to the severity and type of mould, to the equipment required for effective remediation. Luckily, our free inspection process ensures that you receive a detailed findings report outlining everything you need to know about the extent and cost of remediation before we get started. No need to worry about hidden add-ons – we’ll give you transparent findings backed by a fair price.  
There are hundreds of DIY mould removal techniques available that may be used for small spot removal, but they only offer a temporary fix for an ongoing problem. At MouldMen, we identify and target the cause of the problem, not just treat the symptoms. If mould keeps returning in your home, it’s best to reach out to the experts to provide a long-term solution.
Yes, but not for long. When we treat your property we only need you to vacate the property for the duration of treatment and for three hours afterwards. No need to worry about finding somewhere to stay overnight. This is because we use a non-irritant, water-soluble misting treatment to remove up to 99.99%  mould spores and odours. It’s food, kid, pet and plant safe and naturally biodegrades completely after 48 hours.
Call Now Button