Water damage to your Melbourne home is heart breaking, and water damage restoration may feel like an impossible task. But don’t despair. GB’s Melbourne Cleaners offer emergency services for water damage repair and flood restoration. Without water, there is no life, but water is also one of the most destructive substances on earth. Water can erode stone, corrode metal and rot wood; and it is the perfect medium for the growth of mould, mildew and microorganisms. Imagine what water can do to your lovely Melbourne home and all your cherished possessions if you don’t begin water damage restoration and clean up as quickly as possible.
Water damage can come from a small trickle, such as you get from a leaky toilet. Alternatively damages can be caused by a sudden event such as a burst pipe, or even from a major influx of water from a flood. Regardless of the source, it is imperative that you begin water damage repair as soon as possible after you notice the problem. Water damage can occur at any time, without warning. But you need to begin water damage restoration as soon as possible to prevent further damage and the need for increased remediation to prevent the growth of noxious mould or mildew. You can’t schedule a burst pipe to happen only during business hours, and that’s why GB’s Melbourne Cleaners has 24-hour emergency services, every day of the week.
Flood restoration challenges
Water damage restoration is not a simple process. You can’t simply bail the water or use a shop vacuum to clear the area. Standing water is an electrical hazard that can cause injury or death if you use appliances or fans. Your best first step is to turn off the electricity to the home if you can do so safely. If you experience a burst pipe or a cracked toilet, you should complete water damage repair within 72 hours to prevent contamination. This water is relatively clean, so damage can be minimal. However, the longer you delay the more dangerous the once clean water becomes. It may become contaminated with dirt, leaked chemicals or other substances.
Grey water—water that originally contained soap, urine particles, debris or chemicals—should be cleaned up within 24 hours. Emergency services for water damage repair are critical to meet the window of opportunity if you hope to salvage your furniture and possessions.
Black water comes from floods and may contain seawater, raw sewage or debris. It may not be possible to salvage items that have been contaminated by black water flooding.
Flood Restoration Process
- We start with a complete inspection, to assess the damage and work out best possible recovery plan. We are looking for hidden moisture that can allow dangerous mould to grow.
- Melbourne Cleaners’ team will work with you to develop a plan to remove any remaining water and to salvage items that can be repaired as part of the flood restoration.
- We may do carpet cleaning, rug cleaning and upholstery cleaning on site.
- Next, we use ultra-high powered industrial vacuums to extract standing water from the home or building. And then use industrial fans and dehumidifiers to remove excess water and humidity.
- Next step is to test the flooded areas for contaminants such as chemicals, mould or mildew. We will remove the contaminant and treat the area to prevent regrowth. We thoroughly decontaminate the area so it will be safe for you and your family.
- When the area is dry, we re-inspect the area and deodorize and sanitize everything. If we find mould, we can deal with it effectively and efficiently.
- Our expert carpet layers will reinstall any carpet, rugs or furniture that we removed for cleaning as part of the water damage repair process.
- If necessary, our cleaners will attend your home for a detailed cleaning.
- Lastly we treat your home with our high powered Ozone generators and UVC lamps UVC technology videos to deal with any air borne bacteria caused by flooding. Ozone generators information
When you experience water damage, it is critical that you begin the water damage restoration process as soon as possible. Delays lead to additional damage, some of which may not be reparable. GB’s Melbourne Cleaners offer very effective and efficient water damage repairs and flood restorations, but only if it is begun quickly.
GB’s Melbourne cleaners promises to respond in under an hour when you contact us for emergency services and water damage restoration. We have over 10 years of carpet cleaning and flood restoration experience and use highest quality USA built equipment to guarantee best possible outcome. If you are in Metro Melbourne or surrounding regions and you have or suspect water damage, contact GB’s Melbourne Cleaners for the best in water damage restoration service and remediation.