We offer mould removal services in Melbourne Metro region and surrounds. Mould is something that most people are familiar with to some extent. Even if it is just the knowledge that it is in some way bad. By definition, mould is a fungus that can be found both indoors and outdoors, in residential areas and in commercial ones. It feeds on organic, decomposing matter and thrives in areas that are dark, damp, and humid.
Often, when there is indoor mould, there is also a musty and unpleasant odour that accompanies it and alerts people to its presence. Mould spreads courtesy of spores that when disturbed float in the air and can survive conditions that mould generally cannot. Indoors, mould is one of the allergens that affect indoor air quality as well as people who are sensitive to it.
Mild and Harmful Effects of Mould on Health
How indoor mould affects a person depends on various factors, such as the amount of mould in the environment. How long a person has been exposed to it, and the individual and their health status. People who are most susceptible to mould/mould spores and their harmful effects are the elderly, infants, children, immunocompromised individuals, and people who suffer from asthma, allergies, and other respiratory conditions. The toxins that are found in certain types of mould spores, such as black mould, can enter a person’s system through the airways or skin or via absorption through the lining of the intestines. It is these types of moulds that are the most harmful with prolonged long-term exposure.
Some of the severe problems that people may experience due to this type of indoor mould exposure include fevers, pneumonia, severe asthma attacks, liver damage, and opportunistic infections of the lungs, skin, and other organs in people who are immunosuppressed or immunocompromised. In rare cases, mould exposure may even cause cancer. The more mild effects of mould include allergy symptoms such as itching throat, eyes, or nose, headache, diarrhoea, fatigue, or dizziness.
Some restoration companies advertise “mould removal services” and may even guarantee to remove all mould. This is a fallacy because removing all mould from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mould spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mould is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mould spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or air conditioning /heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mould spores thrive on moisture. Mould spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mould remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mould may return.
- Mould often produces a strong, musty odour and can lead you to possible mould problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mould growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45%.
Why Choose GB’s Melbourne Cleaners when you need mould removal services?
We are Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mould spreads quickly, so a minor mould infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We are Highly Trained Mould Remediation Specialists
We have an extensive experience in removing various types of mould from various surface types. No two mould removal jobs are the same. Therefore you will benefit from our expertise.
We use advanced mould remediation techniques, chemicals and equipment
We invested in the latest equipment and ongoing mould remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. During the treatment process we use:
- Strongest Australian manufactured mould removal chemicals
- Most advanced and the most powerful USA built steam cleaner
- UVC lights to kill air borne mould bacteria
- Hospital grade Australian manufactured disinfectants
Combination of our expertise and above mentioned equipment and chemicals always guarantee the best possible outcome for our clients.
For more details about our advanced mould control strategy visit our Ozone Disinfection Service Page.