UV-C Products User Manual
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
INTRODUCTION TO UV-C Lamps User Manual
UV-C Lamps User Manual Will help you with your UV-C lamp use.
Thank you for purchasing germicidal UVC lamp from us. Read the instructions carefully and keep them for further reference before using your UV-C lamp.
WARNING! READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
Failure to follow all the instructions listed below may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious personal injury.
- To avoid fire and shock hazard, plug the appliance directly into power outlet.
- Never operate the unit with a damaged cord or plug.
- Keep cord out of heavy traffic areas. To avoid fire hazard NEVER put the cord under rugs, near heat registers, radiators, stoves or heaters.
- Always put the germicidal lamp where it is not easily knocked over by persons in household or business.
- Do not use the germicidal lamp near water.
- Never touch the germicidal lamp with wet hands.
ALWAYS PLUG AND UNPLUG THE UNIT WITH DRY HANDS.
- Always unplug the power cord from electrical outlet when the germicidal lamp is not in use, before cleaning, inserting or removing parts or before moving to another location.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any openings.
- Use appliance only for the intended household/business use as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer as it may cause fire, electric shock or injury to persons.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Never use power cord to pick up, carry, drag, pull or lift the germicidal lamp. Do not pull the cord against or around sharp corners or edges. This could result in injury to the user and/or damage to the cord.
- Never pull the cord itself to unplug from power outlet.
- ALWAYS turn unit off before unplugging.
- Never block the air openings, or place on soft surface, such as a bed or sofa, as this could cause the unit to tip over which may result in fire.
- Do not place anything on top or around the unit when disinfection in progress.
- Never use any detergents to clean any part of the unit.
- Always place the unit on a smooth, flat, level surface, and away from direct sunlight. Keep the cord away from heated surfaces and areas where it could be walked on or tripped over. Unplug the unit when not in use and whenever you clean or move the unit.
GERMICIDAL UV-C LIGHT NOTICE
NEVER look directly at the UV light while it is illuminated – doing so could temporarily or chronic damage to your eyesight or may even result in loss of vision. UV light is harmful to bare skin and eyes. To prevent exposure to UV light, disconnect the power to the unit once disinfection process is completed. NEVER operate the unit if any part of the unit is damaged or cracked.
LAMP DISPOSAL UV-C Lamps User Manual
As with a fluorescent light bulb, your UV lamp contains mercury and must be disposed of properly. Therefore do not throw old lamps into the trash. Many communities have agencies that take in mercury along with other materials – such as old paints, solvents, etc. – that require special disposal. Please contact your municipal or county waste collection agency for proper disposal procedures. If a lamp is broken, do not use a vacuum cleaner to pick up the waste. Instead, sweep up the waste into a plastic bag and seal. Contact your municipal or county waste collection agency for proper disposal procedures.
GENERAL SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS User Manual
WARNING! Read and understand all instructions. Failure to follow all instructions listed below may result in electric shock, fire or serious personal injury. The warnings, cautions and instructions discussed in this instruction manual cannot cover all possible conditions and situations that may occur. Operator must exercise common sense when using UV-C lamp.
The germicidal lamp is not a toy. Keep children away from germicidal lamps. Serious injury and electrocution might be possible. This unit has to be operated by an adult only.
CAUTION: The unit comes with a short power cord to reduce the risk of personal injuries. You can use extension cord if necessary. If the extension cord is required, special care and caution is necessary. Also the cord must be arranged so it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over accidentally.
Suggested Sterilisation Times
Sterilisation times depend upon size of the room which requires disinfection. Please refer to table below as a guideline.
Exposure time should be increased if:
- Room temperature is below 20 degrees Celsius
- Room temperature is above 40 degrees Celsius
- Unit is operated in germ prone environment
- Unit is operated in wet areas of your home (e.g. bathroom)
Operating Instructions UV-C Lamps User Ma
- Most importantly, make sure plants and pets are removed from the room before sterilisation.
- Plug the unit into power point and place it on level steady surface as described in this manual.
- Press either on/off button on the unit or on/off button on lamp’s remote control. Lights on the lamp will flash in the standby mode.
- Select exposure time (15/30/60 minutes) either on the unit or on lamp’s remote control.
- Press on/off button once again on the unit or on/off button on lamp’s remote control.
- Leave the room and shut the door. 10 seconds timer will turn lamp on automatically. Sterilisation process will begin allowing you enough time to leave the room.
- Do not enter the room during sterilisation process.
- Allow lamp to cool down for 5 minutes after sterilisation is completed.
- Air out the disinfected areas for 10-30 minutes after the disinfection process had finished, especially if using Ozone lamps.